Friday, June 26, 2009

Baracklyn Cyclones

A few of my pals and I went to a Brooklyn Cyclones game the other night, temporarily renamed the "Baracklyn Cyclones," as there was a special on tickets sold on Inauguration day. The first 2,500 people in got Obama bobbleheads, but we were too busy boozing it up on Beer Island. This bar, with an outside area in the sand, is actually called "Beer Island," and after drinking two 10% ABV Coney Island Blockhead beers, I felt like I would never make it off the island. The beachy style of the bar reminded me of that Long Island City beach bar, where they charge you $5 for cups of PBR, an insane price to pay for a crappy beer and a view of the skyline that I can see on my morning commute. Beer Island had all the beach-ish perks of the LIC bar, but with reasonably priced craft beers and an angry employee who will turn the porta-potty over on you if he thinks you are not a paying customer. Watch out. Here it is below, check out that sky:

Keyspan Park (I originally wrote "Keystone Park, that is where my brain is right now):

By the way, the Cyclones won. I think. The color of both teams' uniforms were too close for me to be able to tell the difference. Oh well, it was fun.



No comments: