Monday, August 3, 2009

Tunnel vision

Molly had the great idea of reserving spots for the Atlantic Avenue tunnel tour yesterday, and most of you came to this, so I don't really need to explain too much. If you didn't go, the tour is of a rediscovered subway/LIRR tunnel under Atlantic Avenue, and is well worth the $15 and the risk of getting completely soaked and muddied when climbing back up the manhole in the pouring rain.

I'm really bummed that I forgot my camera, but I managed to get a couple pictures with my crappy phone.

Tunnel entrance:

Little passageway between the entrance and the actual tunnel...Dan looks a bit like he was photoshopped into this pic:

It looks like the next tour is August 16th. Check out the website for better information: http://www.brooklynrail.net/proj_aatunnel.html

I think my dad would be really into this, so I might just have to go on another tour!

No comments: