Monday, July 20, 2009

Re-cycle

I have so much work to do today, and this week, since Thursday is my last day at work (yes!), so I'm not sure why I'm picking today to catch up with my blog. Deal with it, suckas. Your corporate AmEx application can wait.

On Saturday, I made my third trip to the Brooklyn Botanical Garden, this time via bicycle. 2 very recent bike trips made it easier to keep up with Billie and Molly than I thought. Or maybe it's the Wii Fit! Probably not. Virtual hoola hooping might not facilitate bike riding too much.

I saw a lot of the same stuff from past trips, but this was my favorite:

It's called Aeonium Balsamiferum, stonecrop family: crassulaceae lanzarote, from Cape Verde Island, which is off the Western coast of Africa. I just tried to Wikipedia this plant, but only got results in German. Hmmm. From what I could tell, they were grouped with Cacti plants, so these are akin to roses that don't die easily, and don't need too much tending. Much more romantic, gentlemen, than the kinds of roses that wilt faster than your affection. I suggest you take off for Africa as soon as possible.

On the way home,we stopped at the Fort Greene "Brooklyn Flea." Billie and I shared a lot of germs, and the best popsicle I've ever had. It was from a vendor called "people's pops," and we got the sour cherry and rhubarb popsicle. Get to it! I think I will be going back there.

No comments: