Last night, I went with my friend Tim to an Australian themed restaurant called Wombat. It's near the Lorimer stop on Grand Street, and I had no idea it was there. From Mondays through Wednesdays, they have various specials, and last night (Tuesdays) was lobster night! $13 whole lobsters, and your choice between: boiled Maine style with butter and lemon, roasted Aussie style with Australian spices, or South Pacific style: stir fried with garlic and chili. We both got the roasted Aussie style one, so I didn't have much to compare, but it was just ok. The spices were dull, the lobster was small, and there were these red chunks throughtout that I couldn't differentiate between a fancy spice or gross brain matter. That's a lot of negativity there, but overall, the $13 lobster was ok by me. I'd definitely go back again to try one of the other 2. The menu also has a lot of my favorites on there, but you can check it out for yourself: http://www.thewombatbar.com/
Afterwards, we went to Bushwick Country Club, another first for me. I really thought this bar was in Bushwick. Also, the "Country Club" name brought back memories of yuppie summer day camp, where all we did was make bracelets and tie dye shirts, so I guess I always had a bad, and completely wrong, impression of the place. It's a good bar. Divey, with funky seating options. I think we sat on some seats taken out of a car. It was raining, so I didn't go outside, but I hear it's nice in the back.
There were some people promoting Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum, so we got some free drinks in exchange for our souls (or, contact information). I realized at 5am that the rum/coke was the culprit for my insomnia. Always a price to pay for free booze.
http://www.bushwickcountryclub.com/
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment