For as far back as I can remember, I've been collecting loose change in various containers (vases, glass apple juice jars, coffee mugs, etc). It feels like a small accomplishment every time I empty my pockets or purses and drop several clinks into the current container. After I've amassed what appears to be an acceptable amount of change, I go to the Coinstar machine (yes I know they charge you 8 or 9 cents per dollar) and cash in. Then I've usually taken whichever beau I've had at the time out to a nice dinner. Well, beaus come and go, clearly, but my friends don't. So I've changed my tactics. Meghan has jumped on board with the idea, and since we live together now, the loose change has doubled.
The container these days is a large glass vase, and the goal is lobster. Our "Lobstah fund" is growing every day. As soon as we have enough, we'll be heading to Ed's Lobster bar in Soho and stuffing our faces with expensive seafoods that we wouldn't be able to splurge on otherwise.
The fund:
The goal (+Meghan):
No comments:
Post a Comment