I've never had Ethiopian food before, but my friend was visiting from CA this weekend, and the friends he was staying with knew a place nearby. It is uniquely called "The Ethiopian Restaurant," and it's on York Avenue between 83rd and 84th streets, conveniently located just 3 blocks from my sister's apartment, who we happened to run into on the way.
The Ethiopian beer tasted like Coors Light rebottled with Ethiopian labels, but the food was really good. Everyone orders, and then they plop everything in a circle on this big spongy pancake thing. Here's a photo to make up for my lack of eloquence:

I ordered the "Vegetarian Delight," not because I'm a veggie, but because I don't usually order meat when I eat out, unless it's monthly burger time. Since they do put everything on one dish, they will ask if you are vegetarian and want your dish to be separate.
Here's the link: http://www.theethiopianrestaurant.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment