Sunday, May 31, 2009
Queensboro bridge birthday
Not too long ago, I took a taxi over the Queensboro bridge on the way home from my sister's apartment and immediately declared it my favorite bridge in NY. The bridge itself is really pretty, but the view is better. You can see everything....the billboards, the skyline, the water towers in Brooklyn, the Roosevelt Island tram running parallel, the Pepsi billboard in Long Island City...the works. Coincidentally, I later read that the bridge was turning 100 today, and there was a big hullabaloo going on to celebrate. Meghan, Billie and I had a good view of the fireworks from our roof. It was worth the climb up the wobbly ladder. Here's a video in case you missed it!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
ah! i watched this from my bedroom window last night and had no clue what it was for. pretty awesome 'works though.
Post a Comment