I'm not going to try to entirely dissect the suckiness of the L train, but yesterday I had one of the worst 2 hour commutes ever because of it. Not a morning commute, I was coming back from the most obscurely located Regal Cinemas in the Battery Park area. Anyway... First, I waited for the E train to move for 15 minutes, but this was only because I was at the WTC stop at the beginning of the line. Fine. The other people on the train weren't complaining, they were sleeping in plastic bags. Then the L train was shut down from 8th Ave to Union Square, so I had to take the slow M14 bus because my knee hurt too much to walk it. Then it was a 25 minute wait for a Brooklyn bound train. Wow, I got a seat on the crowded train, things are looking up! But no, who comes on board but a pregnant woman, an old lady with a cane, and a woman struggling to hold a baby. Sigh. I got up. Then I had to transfer at Bedford to get another L train to get to the G train. I don't even need to explain the G train. This is purely a cathartic post for me, but this picture pretty much sums up how I feel about the L train. It was in both the Gothamist and Williamsburg is Dead blogs, so they can both take credit for it:

No comments:
Post a Comment