2009 is the year of trying new things, right?! Unfortunately, once I try something new that I love, it prevents me from trying other new things. I'm working on it... Anyway, if you haven't been to these two places, check 'em out.
Life Cafe in Bushwick. First off, you get to pass the Boar's Head factory on the way, and who wouldn't want a walking (outside) tour of the place that manufactures the most delicious deli meat there is? There's also a creepy wooden Santa hiding behind a fence somewhere along the way. Second, and this is big for me to say, best cheese fries with gravy, ever? Maybe. Delicious. Third, stop in on a Friday night and give a big tip to the friendly server. Lastly, have enough consecutive drinks so that you think you're extremely smart because you know all the answers to the Trivial Pursuit game... then take a moment to realize that it's the Junior edition. Here's the link: http://www.menupages.com/restaurantdetails.asp?areaid=0&restaurantid=41647&neighborhoodid=0&cuisineid=68
For any of you who are offended about the Boar's Head factory being a landmark for me, the cafe has a lot of good vegetarian options. So there.
Second place is Maggie Brown's in Clinton Hill. Worth the longish walk from the frequently malfunctioning G train. Ride your bike if you feel so inclined. They have the best breakfast burrito ever (yes, ever) with the option of substituting tofu scramble for the eggs. Any brunch place that allows you to add avocado to any dish is also OK by me. Here's the link for them: http://www.maggiebrownrestaurant.com/
I promise my next post won't be about food. I know I can come up with other things.
Monday, January 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ok, if you don't have an account on Yelp yet, you should! All this talk about food is making me hungry.
Post a Comment