Friday, February 27, 2009

Served! Again.

Over the last 3 years, I have served as a standby telephone juror 3-4 times, always during holiday weeks, and I also receive "eligibility for jury" questionnaires on what seems like a bi-monthly basis. So, on my last questionnaire, I decided to be a brat and write a comment expressing my irritation. I mostly wanted to know if there was some glitch in the system, because I thought that once you served, you had at least a year or 2 of peace before they bugged you again. That was about a month ago. Last night I got a jury duty summons in the mail. I should have known...

So even though St. Patrick's day isn't really a major holiday like the Thanksgiving and Christmas weeks that I usually spend dutifully calling the courts after 5pm every evening, it's still in line with King's County courts trying to put a damper on my holiday fun. I figure if I show up with a beer and slur some words about everyone being guilty, they'll let me off the hook pretty quickly.

1 comment:

Meghan said...

That is INSANE. I've only been called up once, and I was out of the country.

Once you get a grad degree they won't call you anymore, though.